Extent of limited warranty
Hewlett-Packard warrants to the end-user customer that the HP products
specified above will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for
the duration specified above, which duration begins on the date of purchase
by the customer.
2. For software products, HP's limited warranty applies only to a failure to
execute programming instructions. HP does not warrant that the operation of
any product will be uninterrupted or error free.
3. HP's limited warranty covers only those defects that arise as a result of
normal use of the product, and does not cover any other problems,
including those that arise as a result of:
a. Improper maintenance or modification;
b. Software, media, parts, or supplies not provided or supported by HP; or
c. Operation outside the product's specifications.
4. For HP printer products, the use of a non-HP ink cartridge or a refilled ink
cartridge does not affect either the warranty to the customer or any HP
support contract with the customer. However, if printer failure or damage is
attributable to the use of a non-HP or refilled ink cartridge, HP will charge its
standard time and materials charges to service the printer for the particular
failure or damage.
5. If HP receives, during the applicable warranty period, notice of a defect in
any product which is covered by HP's warranty, HP shall either repair or
replace the product, at HP's option.
6. If HP is unable to repair or replace, as applicable, a defective product which is
covered by HP's warranty, HP shall, within a reasonable time after being
notified of the defect, refund the purchase price for the product.
7. HP shall have no obligation to repair, replace, or refund until the customer
returns the defective product to HP.
8. Any replacement product may be either new or like new, provided that it has
functionality at least equal to that of the product being replaced.
9. HP products may contain remanufactured parts, components, or materials
equivalent to new in performance.
10. HP's Limited Warranty Statement is valid in any country where the covered
HP product is distributed by HP. Contracts for additional warranty services,
such as on-site service, are available from any authorized HP service facility
in countries where the product is distributed by HP or by an authorized