Understanding the Printer Parts and Functions
1. Output tray–Collects the printed pages.
2. Paper guides–Guides the paper into the printer.
3. Access cover–Gives access to the print cartridges and jammed paper.
4. Bypass stopper–Lifts for inserting paper into the alternative top
5. Cartridge LED–Blinks when the access cover is open or a cartridge
6. Cancel button–Cancels the current print job.
7. Resume button–Blinks while waiting for a printed page to dry. Press
it if you do not want to wait.
8. Power button–Turns the power off and on.
9. Postcard guide–Extends to guide short media into the printer.
10. Main paper tray–Holds the standard paper.
11. USB port–Jack for the Universal Serial Bus cable.
12. Parallel port–Jack for the parallel cable.
13. Rear media feed–Feeds thicker paper that requires a straight paper
14. Removable panel knob–Turns counterclockwise for removing the
rear panel, or clockwise to lock it.
15. Removable panel–Alternate access to jammed paper.
16. Power input–Connector for the power cable.